Thursday, 27 October 2011

Thursday October 27th

Well i did take some photos of the front but they dont look good, with the leaves back on top you can hardly see the seedlings through so you will have t wait until Spring- hee hee.

Lets see what layouts I have done in the last few days
Oh yes just a few of theFfiley photos done in Scrappy Cocoas lovely stacked template using Janet Bs and Deliscraps Indian Summer
I am fairly new to PSE8, I was very used to DIP9 and so I am trying to teach myself some new parts each week. Today I have been playing around with cutting out shapes- the circle and the musical notes.
Kit used is Happiness by Paper Capers Designs and the wordart is from Laughter Wordart by Paper Capers Designs
 for the colour challenge at The  Studio I downloaded a kit by jakelinelikestoscrap , it has been lovely to work with- the frame was already clustered so i only had to add a couple of the berrry swirls, the odd flower and some frames at the back and hey presto
Thank you Jakeline for a wonderful kit

 A friend Rose had shown me a new site to me- Go Digital and so I have been doing a few challenges on there.
This was the progressive challenge- the first step included a tutorial on turning down the corner of a paper which is something I havent done before. the second step was to mat the phoot in certain shades of colours. the third step was to use paper strips, ribbons and swirls under the photo matt stack, the fourth to add elements in specific places and the last to add word art, title and date. I used the welcome kitIi got from GDS when I joined but added two of Cyndy McAtees elements from her Natures Moments pack.
This one was done as a thankyou for the welcome pack and used a template by Kim Brodelet and features by Mum's older sister and parents, both photos were  taken at the end of the first world war.

The last one for today was one i did after i had a quick breeze round the GDS shop. I have nearly exceeded my bandwidth for the month so could only download a set of cluster frames and a set of papers so just used them- i will do loads of downloading on the 1st of November- that is for sure.
I used three papers stacked and then added the cluster frame, the photos are all of Aysgarth ranging from 1977 to 2008. doing this layout brought back so many memories- The two photos on the right are fastened in to hybrid scrapbooks- so i photograped the layout and extracted part of the picture- I took a few more photos whilst I was there so should have enough to keep me scrapping for a few more days. The cluster frames are cluster mix by Verena Karolyi- on clearance special and the papers also on clearance are Earth inspired papers also on clearance. The alpha is simple black beads by Kimberly Stewart which was in my favourites stash

My hybrid albums only go as far as about 1987, so I really do need to get going making some more pages. Just think I have done both my sisters weddings but not my own yet. I have done some lovely digi scraps of my wedding photos so maybe I will do something on the lines of those layouts.

My nephews are both going on a charity run trip to Africa next year to help with a new school complex I think- they have to raise money to go and as they are twins its alot for the family to help them with. so my sister is making cards and things to sell so i have sorted out my huge stash and given her lots of things to use so she doesnt have to buy anything. That got me thinking that maybe once robbie is back at school i should see if i can make a few christmas cards- we will see if that haoppens or not- they were all bought ones last year!!







No comments:

Post a Comment