Thursday, 8 December 2011

Christmas Cards

Robbie and I will write our cards this weekend, he gave me a long list of schoolfriends he wants to give cards to.
Online friends are easier-I do a digital card and then load it in the gallery and send as an e card.

I used Precepts and Promises Christmas Card Template and Sugar Plum kit for this card- I did a New Year one too, but well its not New Year yet!
So may I take the opportunity of wishing you an early Happy Christmas
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_barbara/gds_pandp_christmascardpv_LRG.jpg
The beauty of these cards is you can just use the card as it is and fill in papers like i did or you could add your own embellishments or family photos etc

My next assignment was to use a Christmas Bargain Bin by Out of the Box Designs. I decided to do a collage all around a particular memory to do with the carol O little Town of Bethlehem- there were lots of items in this kit Watercolour Christmas that fitted in and I just love the torn paper blocks.

This bundle has 5 kits in it and i did another layout using items from three of the other kits

well here comes a VERY special layout.the title of the kit was Live Fully and there was some word art about enjoying the moment. There was a time in our lives when we really had to enjoy the moments- some of them were quite rare due to my son's chronic illness, and each one was cherished. This photo is of Robbie when he was actually well- he still sported the rash on his cheek caused by the pads that held his NG tubes when he wasnt well,


The story behind the picture is that Richard was entering the fancy dress competition and he desperately wanted Robbie to take part too-so Robbie wore blue clothes and had Little Boy Blue title tapped to his buggy!!  Having a brother who at times was dangerously ill was pretty hard for a 4 year old boy and every opportunity we had to live a "normal" life we had to for Richard's sake. 

there are plenty of elements in this kit for a girly layout too

The mouse on my computer broke yesterday so I am doing this using the pad on the laptop- its driving me crazy- so much easier to use a mouse!!
Well last layout for now coming up and again this is a very special one

I was going to use the format I had of a layout of my niece- but as i got going with the layout i realised the small picture at the top lent itself to become a "mobile" with some of the cute elements dangling below it- i strung the washing line across the top and ended up with quite a cute format. I fancy flipping the image next so the left hand side and the bottom have all the elements for my next layout.
David and I married later than most and at one point I doubted whether I would ever get married and become a Mum, so this kit  Mommy loves you, made for Mums, meant it just had to be a layout of my son who was also Grandpas, first grandchild and my parents first grandson.


and this one uses Mommy Loves you by Rossi Designs, a kit crammed full of goodies

Well that is me finished for today, hope you have enjoyed looking at my layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment