Friday, 2 December 2011

Go DigitalScrapping

Well i took part in the Go digital Supreme team Challenge, where we were given a kit to showcase, and so many were chosen to go onto the next round and so on. Amazingly I got through every round and am now a member of the Supreme Team! I am feeling rather guilty as I was asked for my blog address and I knew I hadnt added anything for a while, so thought I had better catch up a little.
When I was looking through this kit i noticed this gorgeous textured paper and did the whole layout around it, the kit is about unconditional love, so it was obvious it was this photo which is the only recent one /I have of the tree people I love the most. The elements I like the most were the lovely light blue ribbon, the brad with unconditional love on it and the gorgeous green broad leaf. The double hearts although pink was just what was needed to pull the colours of the main paper, the elements and the photo together. I think this has become one of my favourite layouts

Well I was pleased bu rather surprised to make it to round three- the competition was really awesome. When I saw the kit for round three my heart sank as it looked a bit like an extraction based fantasy kit- but well I have faced tougher challenges in my life so I took and deep breath AND---
did a slideshow of all the elements and papers in the kit. I was particularly taken by one paper that had a cluster of faded flowers and elements along the edge so decided to start with that. There was a beautiful floral frame and a chunky one and so  put those in place. The elements included quite a few vintage ones so the photo fo my Grandma as a young lady sprang into mind. After that I added another paper behind and moved the things up and well the rest just fell into place. One of the criteria on which we were judged was uniqueness and creativity and I reckon mind was pretty different to everyone elses so that fit the unique requirement!!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&cPath=29_180&products_id=10224 This kit was Steampunk Dreams by Outside the box Design Studio. I have to admit I havent a clue what steam punk is so I just carried on regardless and did my own thing. I have to say I think the elements in this kit are fantastic, and theopen book was a must use. I got to thinking how my Mum's past is very fresh in her mind and how Richard is thinking of his future and so the "journaling/quote" came easily.

Well when i got to round 4 I started to be extremely nervous of actually becoming a creative team member. When i had been on other Cts before I found the links and all that kind of thing hard to do and was a bit worried about it. However when I saw the round 4 kit it was very easy to do a layout as it was my kind of kit- i just loved it. Not too many papers or elements so fairly easy to showcase

I adored the blue  patterned paper  and the round frame and stitching. as I did the g=frame I realised that the layout quite looked like the bit on the front of films- you know where you get a lion roaring or someone banging a gong, as i finished and put the stitching around i felt it was missing something- I tried just three brads on one side but it didnt look right so ended up putting them on all 4 sides. Living in rural North Yorkshire in the Uk it is fairly easy for me to find Autumn photos, however this is an old one but one of my favourites. I got the date wrong though it should have been 2006 and as we werent allowed to take things out and edit once in the gallery it had to stay.  On a frosty day the reflections on the lake at the end of our lane are exceptional and with a little frost still on the ground this was a photo full of the contrasts of the season.

I loved this kit so much I did another layout whilst I was waiting for the results.


The final results were published in the middle of the night our time, i woke up around the right time so couldnt resist going down stairs to put the computer on and look- yep  I had made it and was now a supreme team member.
yesterday i downloaded the first "assignment" which was this lovely Collab kit
I have spent the morning playing with my ideas, i knew i was going to do a non photo layout so i could use quite a few of the elements. Yesterday I had been asked if i was already for Christmas and it got me thinking about how many people seem to panic and almost lose the feel of christmas in the process. We have started to do a few things- this list isnt written down but is just there. David collected some wood from the fields a couple of days a go nd sawed it up and its drying now ready for the open fires we associate with the chirstmas holidays. Robbie has chosen his presents and they have been ordered and are in a box beneath the spare bed. Richard has phoned with a couple of his ideas and they are on the way. Grandpa is sorted, the two that probably arent are David and I. we will both think fo some things and they can be found nearer the time. 

I have posted the layout in three galleries and then had to collate links and things which is the bit I found hard. However i am eternally glad that another member of the team had done her layout with this kit and so i went and looked at how she had done her links etc and although i had to have a few attempts i managed to get everything done correctly. No doubt i will get quicker as time goes on.







No comments:

Post a Comment