Saturday, 31 March 2012

Epic Easter

Darlene has a lovely Easter kit up in her store today, so I have done this layout and card with it.

available here

Scrapping some of my newly scanned photos

well this one is guaranteed to make you smile or go aaaahhhh
This is Robbie in about 1996 in his "school uniform"". He did two days a week at  The Dales School Nursery where lessons included intensive speech therapy, physio theraphy, hydrotherapy and occupational therapy as well as all the usual pre school skills.
This is such a quick and easy layout style to do- I loved it- just a bought stacked paper, a bought cluster, fill a mask with the photo and pop on a bit of journaling and the end result is just how I like things done. This doesnt have to be artsy or full of meaninglful journaling because one glance at this takes me back to how it was in 1996 and just how far we have come in so many ways since then.

I hope everyone was as lucky as I was in my twenties and thirties. My grandparents had died but Bill and Clarry became close friends and took me under their wing. They taught me about kindness, patience, acceptance of others and were a joy to be around. I would go round after work and watch Countdown with them, if I wanted I could join them for tea. Clarry made a lovely scrambled egg on toast with grated cheese and tomatoes added- really filling. They were a remarkable couple and were such a fantastic team.

This layout was so easy to do, cherish so aptly named was the kit I used for this layout, with a cluster frame freebie and some word art added and it was done


this is the last one for today- when looking at my old photos I found one taken by my Mum 35 years ago, ont the day my twin sister and I got our first cars- mine is the little white one a Fiat 126, Saron got a Fiat 127 as she worked at a boarding school in Scotland and had to travel along way. My brother had a green mini and my younger sister had her bike which she rode around Warwick where she was at physiotherapy college.
this one is very much a journaling layout to tell the why, when and where behind the photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment