Tuesday, 3 April 2012

April already

I did this layout using Les Idees de Christines sections of the April CSD mega kit. It brings back so very many memories of my time as a child in the 50s and 60s. Make Do and Mend was definately the name of the game- you only got rid of your clothing by growing out of it and then it was passed to your smaller siblings or used for rags or making bags or whatever. We had a knitting machine and all our jumpers as teenagers were made on that. As we got older some of our clothes were bought but as young children they were made by Mum. I remember making pink gingham dirndal skirts at secondary school-we had to embroider snake stitch all around them- they had long hems and as we grew they were let down and ric rac was fastened on the faded part!! School pleated skirts were bought and doubled as guide uniform skirts and were worn to church with a nice jumper. Our sewing machine was an old fashioned tredle machine and I remember having to thread the needle and pop in the spools for Mum.


Its hard to think we have already had a quarter of the year. Things are moving on in the garden with lots of bulbs and spring bedding flourishing. Some of the tete a tete daffodils have finished!. The garden is progressing- the weekend was the time to dismantle the trampoline that is no longer used and move the final shed in readiness for the erecting of the second greenhouse ready for growing on bedding plants and then for use for tomatoes and salad crops. The rabbits have discovered the outside garden now so all seedlings are having to be covered with netting. The early potatoes in containers are flourishing and David put 4 rows of early potatoes into the potato bed as well.

This was done using the parts of the GDS Live your dream Collab done by Les idees de Christine.
The figures remind me of the willow tree figures I have.

When I was scanning in some photos i found this one, I am using it for the progressive challenge at The studio
this is the second day, with still lots to come
The photo was chosen cos of our smiles, but it got me  thinking about living your life to the full.
This photo was taken on my parents 40th wedding anniversary. At that time my brother(next to my Mum) was un married and David and I had only been married 4 months, my twin sister wasnt there as she lived in Scotland and couldnt get down with a small baby- the first grandchild. Ten years on would have been their golden wedding day and wouldnt that have been a changed photo!!! Sadly my Dad had died a couple of months before the date. My brother had married and the number of grandchildren went from 1 to 9!.
Such alot happened to us in those 10 years, so I am really thankful that my Uncle got us all to smile for this photo. The photo was taken in our first home, we now live in our 7th home where we have lived for 15 years.


The Studio are celebrating their Anniversary and on 1st April they had a scrapathon, I managed to join for one of the slots and did this layout using Shelley Marie Scraps Country Summer.

At GDS I am running the shape challenge for the second month- last month 18 people took part, here is the link to this months challenge- which is a bit different from last months


Well that was quite a chatty blog post with lots of memories
Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment