Saturday, 7 April 2012

Making Memories

This layoutt has been done because I really loved the page spray!!! sounds crazy I know but I am slowly building up a stock of layouts which just may one day be made into a photobook. This photo book is destined for my old age, to sit beside my book and reading glasses. Just opening the pages will transport me back in time to my world of memories. Obviously the pictures are those memories but in this layout it is the elements and the digiscrapping which will be the memory. This week I became a Booland Blossom, ie a member of the CT and very soon there will be my layouts with her beautiful kits decorating the gallery at The Studio. After my birthday I used some of the money to buy a  gift card at GDS and then some to spend at The Studio and most of it went on Booland Designs items. I adore collecting together little bits I love and growing a page with them just for the sake of making the page. I am a big fan of the page sprays and this is central to this layout.
Don't you think the bug lady/gnome/little person is fantastic, and look at the cluster all around it
Boo has a VERY generous stock of freebies on her blog and in her newsletter and I used the little journaling cluster as a repeated element. I used a clustered frame, hiding one of the photo frames with the little lady cluster. The photo is of early summer in our garden, with a filter attached to the photo to give an artistic feel.
I am a fan of Elegant wordart by Bethany and this wordart really gave the meaning behind the doing of the layout, I clipped a paper to it and added shadow. #Once the layout was done I felt it needed something else and I remembered making a"frame" to sit behind a paper when I did a layout using Boo's Winters Keep, so I just filled the papers behind it from the Cherish paper pack also by Boo.
The only thing missing was a stitching border so I used one from Expressions of Love by Holly Ann.

The next thing I am going to work on is building up clusters and page sprays myself as I think they are a wonderful addition to a layout.

This was another layout I did using a ready made cluster freebie and a paper from the Cherish kit, with wordart again from Bethany





No comments:

Post a Comment